Saturday 5 August 2017

Doohickey Vol 14 - Afternoon Tea Exploding Box & Swedish House Crafts Discount Code for Vol 16 & 17

Hello, lovely blogger friend's.
I'm here to share an exploding box that I had great fun making.
My box is made using some of the gorgeous dies that came with Magnolia Doohickey Box Vol 14 "Afternoon Tea" that I purchased from Suha at Swedish House Crafts
Vol 14 and 15 have already sold out, but you can pre-order Vol 16 "Fall In Love" HERE and Vol 17 "Christmas & Winter" HERE 
You will get 5% off when ordering using Discount code; DONNASAID5OFF
You will also get to choose one other item up to the value of £20 for FREE when you order.
HOW GREAT IS THAT?
All you have to do is add a link or name of the product that you wish to get for free in the text option box and jump up and down! Lol!!! 

Here is my exploding box.

I made the box using 300gsm cream card.


The box is decorated with Maja Design "Summertime" and "Coffee In The Arbour" 
The strawberries are been made with Doohickey strawberry die "DH1098"
I attached the strawberries to the box with Ivory hemp twine.


A close up of the box lid.
The flowers that I made are from the kit. The stamens in the centre of the flowers, the bronze teapot charm, and seam binding are from my craft stash.


The exploding box with the lid removed.


And another.


Here is a close look of the individual sections that I have decorated.
 I chose to use the doily, cupcake, cake stand, teacup, saucer, spoon, teapot, flowers and leaf dies from the kit for the inside of the exploding box.
They have all been cut with Maja "Summertime" papers.
I matted each of the assembled items onto a doily, and adhered some flowers and leaves.
I cut out the butterflies from a sheet of Maja "Coffee In The Arbour" 
The 5mm Ivory self adhesive pearls that I have placed in each of the corners are from my craft stash.


Again, I used the Doohickey strawberry die to make the strawberries for the centre of the box.
I placed a few sissal fibres underneath before adhering them to the doily.

I hope you like my exploding box?

I'm entering my creation into the following super challenge's

Thank you for stopping by to visit today, and big thanks for all the lovely comments that you so kindly take the time to leave for me to read.

Happy crafting!























5 comments:

  1. I really REALLY love this box. There's so much to look at. wow wow wow
    Hugs, t.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Wow Donna, this is super awesome!!!! You've completely cracked the shabbby Chic style with this stunner! Loving those papers and those scrummy die cuts!!! I am so pleased for you to be part of such a talented team!!! Take care
    Crafty Cuddles Jay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is so amazing love the strawberries and your flowers and the doilies omg love it all every detail it's so beautiful ... lost for words xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY!! WOZERS!! I just LOVE this!! Those strawberries! I need to use mine again because they are just awesome! Thanks so much for joining us this month at Noor! Design UK "Anything Goes" challenge. My personal favorite. LOL! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, Donna this is stunning! So beautiful! Thanks for joining in at Dream Valley!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete